The Role of “Medical Social Worker” in Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery
Aquademia, 2021, 5(1), ep21004, https://doi.org/10.21601/aquademia/9610
Cardiovascular system is relating to the circulatory system of human body, which comprises the heart and blood vessels and carries nutrients and oxygen to the tissues of the body and removes carbon dioxide and other wastes from them. It plays an important role in helping the human body to meet the demands of activity, exercise, including maintains body temperature and stress. Captivatingly, by reason of some dysfunctional in body function lead to cardiovascular disease that especially involve narrowed or blocked blood vessels that can make cause to a heart attack, chest pain or stroke too. And Cardiothoracic Vascular surgery is related with surgery of thorax which entails with great complications somehow. Work carried out by trained personnel with the aim of alleviating the conditions of those people in a community suffering from any disease that personnel factually Social worker particularly who engage in medical practice. Supplementary, Medical Social Worker can perform their appreciable role in pre-operative stage, at operative stage, post-operative stage, at managing post-operative outcomes and notwithstanding retraction in pre-position of thoracic surgery of patient who unusually effected from cardiovascular disease. In this paper attempt has been made to analyses role of Social Worker in thoracic surgery. The present paper has been portrayed in two parts, parts one related with general description and part II related with specialized approach.
Dhiman, V., & Bharti, A. (2021). The Role of “Medical Social Worker” in Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery. Aquademia, 5(1), ep21004. https://doi.org/10.21601/aquademia/9610
Dhiman, V., and Bharti, A. (2021). The Role of “Medical Social Worker” in Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery. Aquademia, 5(1), ep21004. https://doi.org/10.21601/aquademia/9610
Dhiman V, Bharti A. The Role of “Medical Social Worker” in Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery. AQUADEMIA. 2021;5(1):ep21004. https://doi.org/10.21601/aquademia/9610
Dhiman V, Bharti A. The Role of “Medical Social Worker” in Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery. AQUADEMIA. 2021;5(1), ep21004. https://doi.org/10.21601/aquademia/9610
Dhiman, Viney, and Anupama Bharti. "The Role of “Medical Social Worker” in Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery". Aquademia 2021 5 no. 1 (2021): ep21004. https://doi.org/10.21601/aquademia/9610
Dhiman, Viney et al. "The Role of “Medical Social Worker” in Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery". Aquademia, vol. 5, no. 1, 2021, ep21004. https://doi.org/10.21601/aquademia/9610
- Belda-Sanchís, J., Serra-Mitjans, M., Iglesias Sentis, M., & Rami, R. (20 January 2010). Surgical sealant for preventing air leaks after pulmonary resections in patients with lung cancer. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, (1), CD003051. https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD003051.pub3
- Blalock, A., & Taussig, H. B. (1948). The surgical treatment of malformations of the heart in which there is pulmonary stenosis or pulmonary atresia. JAMA, 128(3), 189-202. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1945.02860200029009
- Bucerius, J., Gummert, J. F., Borger, M. A., Walther, T., Doll, N., Onnasch, J. F., …, Mohr, F. W. (2003). Stroke after cardiac surgery: a risk factor analysis of 16,184 consecutive adult patients. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 75(2), 472-478. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-4975(02)04370-9
- Casali, G., & Walker, W. S. (March 2009). Video-assisted thoracic surgery lobectomy: can we afford it?. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg., 35(3), 423–428. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejcts.2008.11.008 PMID 19136272.
- Cohn, L. H. (2007). Cardiac Surgery in the Adult.
- Coughlin, S. M., Emmerton-Coughlin, H. M. A., & Malthaner, R. (2012). Management of chest tubes after pulmonary resection: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Canadian Journal of Surgery, 55(4), 264-270. https://doi.org/10.1503/cjs.001411 PMC:3404148 PMID: 22854148
- Crafoord, C., & Nyhlin, G. (1945). Congenital coarctation of the aorta and its surgical management. Journal of Thoracic Surgery, 14(5), 347-361. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0096-5588(20)31801-8
- Dictionary of National Biography – Henry Souttar (2004-2008).
- Fell, S.C., & Kirby, T. J. (2005). General Thoracic Surgery (sixth ed.). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. pp. 433-457.
- Harold Ellis (2000). A History of Surgery.
- HealthEngine (2006). Cardiovascular system (heart) anatomy. Retrieved on 3 April 2020 from https://healthengine.com.au/info/cardiovascular-system-heart
- Heart.org (n.d.) What is Cardiovascular Disease? Retrieved on 21 December 2019 from https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/consumer-healthcare/what-is-cardiovascular-disease
- Klitzner, T. S., Lee, M., Rodriguez, S., & Chang, R.-K. R. (2006). Sex-related Disparity in Surgical Mortality among Pediatric Patients. Congenital Heart Disease, 1(3), 77-88. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1747-0803.2006.00013.x
- Lillehei, C. W., Cohen, M., Warden, H. E., et al. (1955). The results of direct vision closure of ventricular septal defects in eight patients by means of controlled cross circulation. Surgery, Gynecology, and Obstetrics, 101(4), 447-466.
- Mahendran, K., & Naidu, B. (2018). The key questions in rehabilitation in thoracic surgery. J Thorac Dis., 10(Suppl 8), 924-930. https://doi.org/10.21037/jtd.2018.03.147
- Medical Social Work (n.d.). What Are Medical Social Workers? Retrieved on 24 December 2019 from https://www.mswguide.org/careers/medical-social-work/
- Nicastri, D. G., Wisnivesky, J. P., Litle, V. R., et al. (March 2008). Thoracoscopic lobectomy: report on safety, discharge independence, pain, and chemotherapy tolerance. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg., 135(3), 642–647. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2007.09.014 PMID:18329487
- Royal College of Surgeons. (2020). Cardiothoracic Surgery. Retrieved on 20 December 2019 from https://www.rcseng.ac.uk/news-and-events/media-centre/media-background-briefings-and-statistics/cardiothoracic-surgery/
- Stark, J., Gallivan, S., Lovegrove, J., Hamilton, J. R., Monro, J. L., Pollock, J. C., & Watterson, K. G. (2000). Mortality rates after surgery for congenital heart defects in children and surgeons’ performance. Lancet, 355(9208), 1004-1007. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(00)90001-1
- Torres, M. F. S., Porfírio, G. J. M., Carvalho, A. P. V., & Riera, R. (2019). Non-invasive positive pressure ventilation for prevention of complications after pulmonary resection in lung cancer patients. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 3, CD010355. https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD010355.pub3 PMC: 6402531 PMID: 30840317
- U. S. National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute (n.d.). Introduction to the Cardiovascular System. SEER Training Modules, Anatomy & Physiology, Cardiovascular System. Retrieved on 4 May 2020 from https://training.seer.cancer.gov/anatomy/cardiovascular/
- Warren, C. (2007). Dr. Nazih Zuhdi – His Scientific Work Made All Paths Lead to Oklahoma City, in Distinctly Oklahoma, 30-33.
- Wikipedia: Coarctation of the Aorta. Coarctation is not cardiac (i.e., heart) but is a narrowing of the aorta, a great vessel near the heart.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.